12.20.2008

FIRE?!?

This morning I heard sirens...then horns...and it was close. I looked out the window and saw a firetruck in our court and initially panicked. Was someone's house on fire in our court? I scanned the courtyard quickly and couldn't see smoke or flames. Were one of the houses that are connected to ours on fire?!? And then I glanced at the firetruck again and realized there was someone standing on the top of it....And he was dressed in red and white and had a white beard. It was Santa. Silly me. I had forgotten that each year before Christmas the fire dept. parades Santa through each court for the children to see and wave at. I lifted Jaxin up to the window and let him stand on the ledge. I know he has no clue who Santa is....in fact he's been very afraid of Santas this year. But I knew he would like the firetruck. He pointed and smiled and squealed with delight. Then Santa turned right toward us and waved at Jaxin and then exited the court. Jaxin waved happily and said, "Bye bye!"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very scary, but I"m glad it was a false alarm. I bet he was so thrilled to see the fire truck even though Santa was there. Maybe he's not so scary far away.


Look How Much I've Grown!

Look How Much I've Grown!