2.28.2009

Crayons & Giggles





Jaxin dragged me to the closet first thing after breakfast this morning...that's where we keep the art supplies. I grabbed some colored pencils and paper and let him scribble away while I thought of something creative to do next. Then, I remembered an art project I had done as a child that I always liked. What's better than melting crayons between waxed paper? I always loved watching the colors swirl and run together. Granted, Jaxin is a bit young to do this project on his own, but he had fun sprinkling the crayon shavings onto the paper. He was giggling the whole time. My original plan was to make a dinosaur mobile, but we had already mixed lots of colors together and I thought dinosaurs would look better with just green and blue. So, we'll save that for another day. I opted for geometric shapes. They look really great when the sun shines through the window. Also, I learned how to take a picture where an object in the foreground is in focus, while the background is out of focus. Using this feature, the picture with the heart turned out the best. Perhaps we'll make shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

These are beautiful. I remember doing this when I was little too. Good job with the camera settings. Mine will not blur the background and doesn't have that feature. Yet another reason I want a manual camera.


Look How Much I've Grown!

Look How Much I've Grown!