1.23.2009

Angels Among Us

~In Our Hearts~
We thought of you with love today,
But that is nothing new.
We thought about you yesterday,
And days before that too.
We think of you in silence,
We often speak your name.
Now all we have are memories,
And your picture in a frame.
Your memory is our keepsake,
With which we'll never part.
God has you in his keeping,
We have you in our hearts.

I put a picture of my Mom and angel wings in Jaxin's room last week and pointed it out to him and explained that this was Mommy's mommy and that she lives in Heaven. I told him she was his other grandma; his other "nana". While I was at work the other day, Jason was changing Jaxin's diaper and Jaxin pointed up to the picture and said, "Nana". Awwww. It's so sad that Mom can't be here to do all the things that grandmas do. To read him books and tell him stories and do arts and crafts with him...which she loved doing too. She would've been so thrilled to spend time with both Jaxin and Piper. I know she's watching over them and smiling.

3 comments:

Ellerie said...

That is beautiful....

Michelle said...

I don't remember that picture. This is a great idea. I've thought about how to explain it to Piper too, but haven't done anything yet. Good job!

Jeni said...

It's a really old picture. It's a close-up of one where she was sitting in the car with the door open and I think it was when they had the Corsica....Which was in '89. I scanned it when I worked at the studio, made it black & white and added an effect around it. I don't really have a lot of pictures of her but I like how this one turned out.


Look How Much I've Grown!

Look How Much I've Grown!