11.19.2008

Rainy Day Art



This past Saturday I had planned on taking pictures of Jaxin & Jason outside. However, it ended up raining all day. So instead, we had a very artsy day! We did several different art projects. For the project above, I glued cheerios, pasta, and cut-up pieces of straws on paper and let him paint it. He seemed to really enjoy the different textures.



Then it was time to get messy with purple paint and two hues of green with just your basic fingerpainting. And last but not least was a very interesting project, which is my favorite thus far. I took an empty can (mine was bread crumbs...a Pringles can would work well too!) and inserted our blank piece of paper. I then soaked tiny sponges. One with red paint and one with blue and dropped them inside the can. Next, I coated marbles and dropped them in as well. I put the lid on and taped it (just to insure there was no mess). Then I handed it off to Jaxin and told him to shake it. I sang songs and he shook the can and danced. The marbles made a lot of noise which he liked. I think younger babies would enjoy this project as well because it's basically a homemade rattle. So after our little shakedown, I pulled out the paper and we admired it.

2 comments:

Ellerie said...

Those are such creative ideas! We will have to steal those when we have kids. Jaxin's pictures are very pretty! Such great colors! :)

Michelle said...

Very cool! I will have to try them out with Piper.


Look How Much I've Grown!

Look How Much I've Grown!