6.23.2010

Summer Fun Days @ My Gym

Jaxin has been going to My Gym for a while now. His normal routine was "free play" on Tuesday nights for an hour-meaning no structured class & then he had class on Wednesday mornings for an hour. He really loves the place and I think it will be a big help socially for when he starts pre-school. My Gym does not offer normal classes during the summer, however; they do offer "Summer Fun Days". Nana decided to enroll him in all ten weeks as a present for his birthday. Each week has a different theme. They are: All About Me, Seashore, Patriotic, Wild West, Garden, Dinosaur, Around The World, Sports, Pirate, & Circus. He goes on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and he stays there by himself. The parents drop their kids off and the teachers take them inside. He starts pre-school this fall, so this is a nice way to get him adjusted to having to stay somewhere without one of us present. His first "fun day" went well and he had a blast! He didn't really tell us a whole lot about what he did except that he had soooo much fun. He said they played games, sang songs, had cookies for snack time & juice (he didn't like the juice and got his own water instead), and he made a star and put foam letters all over the back of it and on the front was supposed to have his name, but someone gave him the letters to spell "Jack" which is why we spelled his name different in the first place so that people wouldn't call him Jack. Oh well. He was super excited when Daddy picked him up at noon and he eventually wound down and ate lunch and took a long nap. I can't believe our "baby" is so grown up now that he stays somewhere without wanting or asking for any of us. It's a little sad to Jason and I, but we're very proud of him all the same. Here are some pictures Jason took of Jaxin as he & Nana were dropping him off for his first week:
Jaxin was so excited that he got to get a back pack to take w/ him. It's a Batman back pack & he loves it!




1 comment:

Michelle said...

He is so grown up, and I can't believe how big that backpack looks. I wish we could do something like that for Piper. I'm hoping that maybe this fall when I go back to work I can find something she can do for more socialization. He looks like he enjoys going.


Look How Much I've Grown!

Look How Much I've Grown!